Monday, December 28, 2015

Last One!!!

Dear fam and friends,

How do you sum up this whirlwind of emotions? Hmm.. I'm not quite sure. I guess I'll start by talking about what we did for Christmas...

Our Week of Christmas:
We had a wonderful week spreading Christmas cheer throughout Appleton, Menasha, and Neenah. We went around caroling and bringing good tidings of great joy in the form of copies of the Book of Mormon(: We also took around cookies and treats to those we're teaching. We were well taken care of by kind members in the Neenah ward and YSA branch. It was so fun to see the fam and get to talk on Christmas day(: Plus meeting Sister Hansen and Sister Dunlap's families was a blast(: We used the nativity coloring set you sent and had some great lessons about ways we can invite the Savior into our lives and how we can make room for Him this coming year. I'm so grateful for the birth and life of our dear Savior and I hope I can celebrate and show my gratitude for Him each and every day!

Oh rats, now comes the tough part... How do you sum up 18 months in a paragraph?!

Final Paragraph:
Talking about the waters of Mormon Alma wrote, 'how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to His praise forever' (Mosiah 18:30). These past 18 months the state of Wisconsin has become my 'waters of Mormon' as I have come to a greater knowledge of my Redeemer. My relationship with my Heavenly Father has been strengthened as I've prayed and truly spoken with Him. I've understood Him speaking to me as I have searched the scriptures. The Book of Mormon especially has been KEY in strengthening my faith in and understanding of the Savior and His infinite Atonement. Consistently reading the Book of Mormon has changed my heart and brought me closer to Him. I've come to understand that not only can I be healed and cleansed through the power of the Atonement, but I can be enabled - given the power to BECOME. Through the miracle of repentance I can progress and become a little better each day. This gives me hope. Hope that because I've seen this work in my life it can and will work in the lives of those around me! As my understanding and testimony of the Atonement has increased, my desire to share it has as well! I've come to love teaching the Restoration - that a young boy with a sincere question was answered by our loving Father in Heaven. I know our humble prayers can be answered, that Heavenly Father speaks directly to us through personal revelation. His Priesthood is on the earth again today. This is His church. I testify that Jesus is the Living Christ. How grateful I am for the opportunity I've had and will continue to have to testify of Him.

AH it is so hard to describe all the emotions we've experienced in our little trio the last few days, but what I can share is that I know Heavenly Father is so keenly aware of each and every one of us. I am so grateful for the angels He has put into my life to support me through this incredible adventure. I've been so blessed to have amazing people in my different areas, wonderful companions, and such supportive family and friends at home! I can't wait to see you and HUG you!!!!(: Thanks for being such great examples to me and for the encouragement! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxo
Sister Kelley(:






















No comments:

Post a Comment