Monday, October 19, 2015

Zion's Youth

Dear fam and friends,

Oh man I have no time to write this email, ha so it will be short and sweet!

Transfer News:
I am so so sad to leave Green Bay. I am so grateful for the time I have been able to spend here and for those I have had the opportunity to meet. I know it is time for some stretching and growth though so I am excited for the new transfer ahead! We found out today I will be going to the Appleton Zone which means I have served in every zone in the mission except Milwaukee! So I'm going there to the Winnebago YSA ward which meets in Neenah. My new companion's name is Sister Hansen and I'll be finishing her training and keep doing STL stuff. Not sure how that will all work out, but the Assistants said President would explain it all... so we'll see!

Appleton Exchange:
Went on an exchange with Sister Trent this week while Sister Payne stayed in Green Bay with Sister Rosenblum. Sister Trent goes home in just a few days so it was fun to be together and try to get the most of all her mission knowledge! We had a good day together and invited one of their investigators to be baptized. Then we did service for this older couple and they gave us some spaghetti squash, but we had walked a ways to their house so we were just walking around Appleton with a giant squash till we got to the car. Ha then we discovered we both love pumpkin so for lunch we splurged and got Great Harvest pumpkin chocolate chip bread to go with our spaghetti squash mmm(:

A Joyous Reunion:
Kendall was in Green Bay this week so we met up at the church for a bit - ah it was so great to see her! It is incredible how much she has grown(: I am so grateful for the chance to know her and for her love and support! Such a tender mercy to see her!

Mariah's Baptism:
Wow, what a special baptism! The spirit was so incredibly strong and the place was PACKED! Mariah had so much support, it was wonderful. The baptismal program was completely youth lead - the youth were in charge of all the music, the talks, the actual baptism and witnessing, EVERYTHING was done by the youth. We sang 'As Zion's Youth in Latter-days' as the closing hymn. It was awesome! There was a really special musical number done by Michela and Janna - they sang A Child's Prayer and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. I just wanted to save that moment and stay there forever, the spirit was so so strong(: The youth here are incredible. They have all been such a big part of Mariah's conversion. I've never seen Mariah so happy, you could tell she felt so loved(: Sister Elkington and Gunnar and Alexa Ross even got permission to Skype in from Idaho! Her parents and siblings who aren't active at all were there and her very faithful sick Grandma was there too. Her grandma, Sister Micolichek spoke on Sunday after her confirmation and bore her testimony - it was so powerful! Mariah couldn't stop smiling and said she could definitely feel a difference when they said 'receive the Holy Ghost' - I am so happy I was able to be here for her baptism. I know she will be such a light and strength to her family and friends. We are now teaching her little brother and her Mom has invited us over to teach the family!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
xoxo
Sister Kelley(:

Ether 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment