Monday, October 26, 2015

Metrasha - home smelly home(:

Dear fam and friends,

Oh man this week has been a crazy one! Even though I've only been here for a few days - it is so so obvious how well Heavenly Father knows me and knows just what I needed for my last couple transfers! I am so excited to work in the Winnebago YSA Branch and the Neenah Ward. There are good things to come here, I can just feel it! We don't have any solid investigators so we're doing a lot of finding right now, but already we found a couple solid families and got some YSA referrals!

Leaving Packerland:
Oh man the beginning of this week was absolutely insane as we tried to get all my stuff packed up and say goodbye to people. I was so grateful we were able to have one last FHE at the Ross's with Mariah. She is just so special(: I was also grateful for a final lesson with Lori and Sister Winchester - those two are such good friends now and have taught me so much over the past few months! Lori's kitchen table has become sacred ground to me, we've had so many incredible spiritual experiences there. I sure do love them both! We were also able to say goodbye to the Vanderhydens, Bytheways, Mills, Petersons, and Durans - some of the amazing Green Bay member families who helped us out with our missionary work a ton! We had some great lessons with our investigators Joan, Alejandra, and Ashley - even set a baptismal date! Oh then this super awesome lunch appointment with the Slattebos and their non-member daughter-in-law who has been a potential we've worked on for a while! We were able to teach her the Restoration and have such a good conversation together. Even though Sister Payne and I were exhausted from our crazy weekend we were so grateful for the miracles we saw(: It was hard to say goodbye to her as well - I know she will take care of Green Bay and do great things!

Menasha aka Metrasha:
So our area is HUGE! Ha we cover the YSAs from as far north as Green Bay to as far south as West Bend. I hope miles will permit to drive up to Green Bay and try to contact some of the YSAs up there! We live in Menasha though and do most of our work near Menasha, Neenah, Appleton, and Oshkosh. Menasha is a cute little place, but they've got a paper mill and it reaks! Ha it makes me flash back to my days in Wisconsin Rapids - it's funny I would start and end my mission with that stench. Ha good times(: But really the place is beautiful, especially with all the fall leaves peaking! We've spent lots of time out knocking doors and getting to know the YSAs. We're trying to get more member work going on so we coordinated with our branch mission leader about that which was super helpful! Our branch mission leader just got back from his mission so he knows exactly what we need - we had the best correlation meeting ever yesterday and we all left feeling pumped and ready to baptize the world(: Oh a little tender mercy happened Sunday when I ran into Brother Allen (the assistant ward mission leader from Madison) and his family who moved into the Neenah ward a few months ago! It was fun to reconnect with them(: Another tender mercy was meeting this super solid lady named Allison - we have high hopes for her! Keep her in your prayers! Oh and Sister Hansen is just the cutest thing. I'll have to tell you more about her next week(:

Aw man I ran out of time, but just know we're doing well out here and learning lots(: I am so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ! I am grateful for the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon and the peace and hope it brings. I know this is our Father's work! Hope you all have a great week and a Happy Halloween!
LOVE YOU!!!

xoxo,
Sister Kelley(:
Alma 37:34

No comments:

Post a Comment