Monday, October 5, 2015

General Conference(:

Dear fam and friends,

General Conference RULES! Plus the fact that I got to see Dan singing on the big screen in the Saturday afternoon session just made the experience that much sweeter(:

Oshkosh Trip:
Mission Leadership Council meetings are always so spiritually satisfying, but this time social satisfaction was met as well! Sister Escobar, Elder Merrill, and Elder McDurmott from my MTC district were all there! It was such a fun reunion for us(: I LOVE SISTER ESCOBAR. We just sat and talked the whole time, it was so so great! She's spent her entire mission down in the Milwaukee Zone and I've jumped zones from Wausau to Madison to Green Bay so we haven't seen each other much
at all! It was fun to see how we'd both grown and become better missionaries. At MLC we counseled together about how we did with our goals from the last 3 months and what our vision is for the next 3 months. There are good things happening in the mission as individuals and families are being prepared to make covenants! I am so grateful to be a small part of it(:

Missionary Birthdays:
Something fun we did this week was celebrate Elder Muller's birthday! Elder Muller is an elder from the Green Bay 2 ward serving out in Utah - we had dinner with his family on his birthday and celebrated(: It was super fun! We blew out candles and made a video with his little sisters, they are so excited for him to come home in a few months(:

General Conference:
It was such a tender mercy to see Dan singing - it was so fun to point him out to everyone at the church(: I loved that they sang "I know that my Savior loves me" - I really like the line in the second verse that says 'Wrapped in the arms of my Savior's love' it makes me think of one of my favorite verses in the Book of Mormon (Alma 34:10-17) but especially verse 16 where it talks about Christs' arms of mercy. Also it was neat to see Elders Renlund, Stevenson, and Rasband get called. I had the
chance to read over their last conference talks before the Sunday morning session and as I listened to them share their testimonies of the Savior I felt so strongly that they truly are called of God! Some of my favorite talks were given by Lawrence, Durrant, and Keetch. Here are a few of my favorite lines/insight from each of them...
  • Lawrence: 'Our Heavenly Father knows our divine potential. He rejoices every time we take a step forward.' and 'The Holy Ghost makes an ideal traveling companion.'
  • Durrant: 'Small efforts sustained over time can produce significant results'
  • Keetch: Becoming = true conversion of the heart
Also Elder Hale's talk was so so good! I am so grateful for living prophets and apostles and for personal revelation to guide our lives. I know our Heavenly Father is mindful of each of us and that He hears and answers our prayers! I look forward to implementing my conference inspiration!

Well that's all I've got for ya this week! Things are going great out here. I love the mission, I love Green Bay, I love my Savior Jesus Christ. How grateful I am for Him and His Atoning sacrifice. 

Love you all!

xoxo,
Sister Kelley(:

"Exaltation is our goal. Discipleship is our journey.' - Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sister Escobar - my MTC comp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We got to see 
each other at MLC!
Me and Sister Payne! Ha finally sent a pic of us!
Me and Sis Peterson after exchanges in Manitowoc(:
 View of the actual green bay(:
Old packer stadium and cruisin around GB in a Model A with the Slattebos(:

No comments:

Post a Comment