Monday, May 18, 2015

CH CH (What's missing?? UR)

Dear fam and friends,

This week was crazy busy, I can't believe it's already May 18th! Where did April even go? Going on one or more exchanges each week is going to be exhausting, but the sisters here are amazing! I am so excited to keep getting to know them!

Exchanges in Appleton:
This week I went on my first exchange as a Sister Training Leader! Before the exchange I read from my old journal about my very first exchange with Sister Jardine. She encouraged me and helped me a ton. I remember thinking she taught with so much power and knew the scriptures super well. I hope I can learn from and be an example for the Sisters like Sister Jardine and my other STL's have been for me! It is so weird to be on the older end of things in the mission! Exchanges in Appleton with Sister Adams-Hart were a blast this week - she just got finished being trained and already confidently leads out! I was impressed by how diligent and hard working she is. We got a few return appointments and new investigators as we were out contacting together. Sister Rousseau and Sister Pope saw miracles in our area as well - they met a family, taught the Restoration, invited them to be baptized... AND THEY SAID YES!!!! Yay for exchange miracles(:

The Mills Family:
Real quick I have to rave about this cute family in our ward here - the Mills! They are amazing! Sister Mills is the Relief Society President and Brother Mills is the Ward Mission Leader. They do a lot to help the missionaries out so this week we sought out an opportunity to serve them! Service rules(: We had fun helping/getting to know their family. They have 4 little girls and 1 baby boy. Their daughters are so stinkin smart, their 12 year old has already read the entire standard works! That totally puts me to shame! She definitely inspired me so this week I started Genesis. I've listened to the assigned Old
Testament chapters for seminary, but never actually read the whole thing so this should be fun! Sister Adams-Hart gave me a reading chart to read the standard works in a year so here goes!

Samuel the Lamanite Cake:
We have a weekly Book of Mormon Book Club meeting with our investigator Jamie and this week we finished Helaman so we celebrated by eating a Samuel the Lamanite Cake! It was super delish and fun to join the Green Bay 1st Sisters. Sister Packer and I were in the same YSA ward at BYU and now get to serve in Green Bay near each other! She came out with Sister Pope, Sister King, and Sister Christiansen. Their group goes home in 2 months! We celebrated Sister Pope and Sister Packer's 16 month mark this week and went out to Smart Cow (which is like Wisconsin's Menchies). It was fun to celebrate together - I sure do love those two(:

Member Referrals:
We got a super solid member referral this week - member referrals are a missionary's dream! Brother Sieber asked us to teach his best friend's Mom. Her name is Lori. She has a Catholic background, but hasn't been active in her Catholic faith for a long time. She is going through a lot right now and reached out to Brother Sieber asking why he is so happy all the time. He invited her to meet with us to learn more about his faith. We met Lori on Friday morning with Brother Sieber and had such a powerful lesson together! Seriously the spirit was SO strong as we testified of the Restoration and of a loving Heavenly Father. We are really excited to teach her!

Learning to Cook:
I didn't realize how lucky I was in Madison to eat with the members so often! In Madison we really didn't have to worry about cooking too much. Things seem to be different here in Green Bay though so I am looking forward to enhancing my cooking skills! Sister Winchester in the ward was so thoughtful and picked up a crock-pot for us this week so we have plans to make something delicious(: Also we learned how to make sour dough with the Relief Society and now have little sour dough starts in the fridge. We're going to try to make sour dough pancakes in a little while so we'll see how that turns out - hopefully they turn out as good as dad's!(:

Preserving the Record:
It's been super frustrating to come to this area because the records haven't been kept very well. Our area book hasn't been fully updated in over a year in some places and the ward directory is a mess. There are recent converts who haven't been taught all of their new member lessons and investigators who have been being taught for a while, but have no teaching record! Updating the records is a pain, but SO important! I really hope we get iPads one day so this can all be done electronically. Updating things has been hard because Sister Pope has only been here for 6 weeks so she is still getting to know the area too. An English set of Elders were doubled into the ward this transfer as well so we've been working closely with them to figure everything out. We're starting to get things organized and seem to have a better handle on who we need to teach.

Well that's about all I've got for ya this week! The subject line is courtesy of the local Lutheran congregation, they've always got great sayings up. Hope you guys get over your colds! Love and miss you!

xoxo
Sister Kelley(:
Green Bay Stadium!
Exchanges with Sister Adams
Not in Madison anymore:)
Samuel the Lamanite cake with Holy Ghost in background:)
Book of Mormon Book Club
Love it!
Sis Pope and I in our Brewers/Green Bay hats!
Wisconsin has soooo many trees and they are all in bloom!
Sister Pope working hard!
My first time using a push mower!
I love service!!!!


We mowed this entire yard!!!
Pretty view
Smart Cow! Happy 16 months Sister Pope and Sister Packer!
Game
Super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment