Monday, April 20, 2015

Homemade Jam(:

Dear family and friends,

Hola everyone. Hope all is well back home(:

Cleaning Inspection:
I felt like I was back in Heritage Halls this week as we had to frantically deep clean our apartment for the routine cleaning check! Our apartment was pretty nasty so it was good to spend the time scrubbing and de-cluttering. The place looks loads better now and we are going to get a microwave that actually works so we're super excited!

Car Mat Picnic:
We got to meet with Kendall a couple times this week which was great! She is such an incredible woman. I seriously look up to her so much! She has such a great energy and spirit about her and constantly lifts other up. I am so grateful to have been able to help teach her and know her! We did some family history work together at the church family history center and then had a picnic in the park. We were all in skirts so we grabbed her car mats and sat on those - genius! It was great to have a lesson and enjoy the sunshine together(:

Cramer Couple:
That awkward moment when you almost street contact a totally active couple... Ha that happened yesterday when we were out tracting. We saw this cute older couple walking by on the other side of the road so we said hello and walked over to try to street contact them, but as we walked over we realized it was the Cramers in the ward! Ha so instead we chatted and they ended up having us over for dinner an hour later after we'd finished tracting out their neighborhood! It was so fun to get to know them at dinner and hear the story of their conversion. Brother Cramer just doted on his wife and kept filling up our soup bowls - ha we were absolutely stuffed afterwards!

Memorial Union:
This week we had a lesson with our investigator Sarah at Memorial Union, a beautiful UW outdoor study area right on Lake Mendota! It was such a pretty day and we had a really good lesson together. We explained more about the Priesthood and she said she 'got the feels' while we were talking about how she needs to be baptized by the proper authority - ahh so solid!

Peyote on the Bus:
Met this Native American man named Jimmy on the bus and he pulled out some peyote for me. So that was good. We had a nice conversation. We're friends now I think.

Surprise Package:
Pretty sure I have the world's best trainer - this week I came home to find a package from her Grandma! Ha I guess Sister C had asked Grandma Worthington to send me some of her homemade jam because she used to get it when we were companions and I loved it! So sweet Grandma Worthington, a woman I don't even know sent me delicious homemade jam in a nice little package! Aww seriously so kind and such a fun surprise! Sister Christiansen is the best(: This morning we went shopping with the STL's (Sisters Christiansen and Vang) and the Sun Prairie Sisters (Sister Cosgrove and Jensen). It was super fun to hangout with the sisters, but so sad to say goodbye to Sister C! She is going home this Thursday to spend time with her Mom. Please keep their family in your prayers!

Public Speaking Practice:
This week I was asked to give a training in District Meeting and give a talk in church! It seemed like they both went well. In DTM I presented a training on Diligence which is the Christ like attribute I am studying this transfer. I love the definition given in Preach My Gospel, 'diligence is steady, consistent, earnest, and energetic effort in doing the Lord’s work.' D&C 58:27 also sums it up nicely
teaching that we should be 'anxiously engaged' as we go to work we give the Lord something to help us with! Then later I was assigned to speak with the High Councilor on how to fellowship. I used the light house/lower lights analogy about how the Savior is the lighthouse leading us back to our heavenly harbor with the Father and we are the lower lights that should help our lost brothers and sisters find the light of the Savior. I talked about how we must 1) turn on our light - by strengthening our own testimonies and becoming truly converted and 2) hold up our light - by reaching out to love and serve our brothers and sisters. Then closed with the words of 'Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy.' Afterwards I got quite a few compliments on it and Brother Sorensen, the high council man who also spoke, referenced back to things I'd shared. The talks seemed to go well together and brought a special spirit.

We're struggling to find new people to teach, but we are working hard and learning loads. We have just two weeks left of the transfer so we are trying to go hard and finish strong! Thanks for the prayers and encouragement - it means the world(: Love and miss you!
xoxo
Sister Kelley(:
Cleaning for cleaning inspections - the top of the fridge was
DISGUSTING! Ha soo much dirt and dust! 
Sister Schlosser, our investigator Sarah, and I at Memorial Union
Terrace for our lesson this week. Beautiful overlook of Lake Mendota!
Surprise!!!
Such a fun treat from Grandma Worthington (Sis C's g-ma.) THANK YOU!!!
Remember how you used to buy that Greek Goddess
yogurt stuff? I thought it was horrible! Now I love to get it as a
treat and eat it on top of fresh fruit! Also I made a spinach cheese
omlete and felt really fancy.. Oh and this week I had this fancy fish
that Kendall made for us with homemade mango salsa and it was
delicious. (Can this be OUR DAUGHTER raving about fish???)

I am saying goodbye to Sister C! 
I'm sure gonna miss Sister C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Amanda has inherited the great skill of presentation. The bananas and berries look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete