Monday, March 9, 2015

Blue Skies and Sunshine - FINALLY!

Dear Family and Friends,

Good news, the sun is shining and it's a balmy 40 degrees here in Madison! The past few days have been absolutely WONDERFUL! I may have prematurely packed away my giant coat, but for now my thinner one is great so maybe the packing was an act of faith? Ha we are really hoping the weather stays nice! Warmer weather = more people outside = more people to talk to and teach = happy missionaries(: It seems like everyone is in a better mood now that spring is in the air. The snow is melting like crazy and there are huge mud puddles everywhere! Yay for March!

Choosing to Act:
Before the weather warmed up and things started looking up there were a few hard days this week when I just felt really down and inadequate. Our appointments were all falling through and no one wanted to talk with us. I was in a bit of a rut until I read Elder Christofferson's talk from this past General Conference, "Free Forever, to Act for Themselves." Now I know I've raved about this talk in the past, but seriously, it's SO good! Ha I realized I needed to get over myself or as Elder Christofferson challenged, 'take responsibility and go to work so that thereis something for God to help us with.' I changed my attitude and went to work and BAM miracles happened! Sister Schlosser and I taught a killer Word of Wisdom lesson, tracted into and set a return appointment with this awesome mother and daughter, and met this solid woman named Jianguo at the bus top who is now coming to the Relief Society activity tomorrow night! That experience just helped me realize how important it is to act in faith because, 'God will not act to make us something we do not choose by our actions to become.' Trust God - He will help us, but we have to help ourselves too!

Dirty Dishes:
This week we probably spent a solid three hours doing dishes. That being said, I would like to make it clear that we aren't slobs - ha they weren't our dishes! We were helping out a less active and serving the members. But yeah, three hours. My fingers were sooo pruney afterwards. It was awesome.

Daylight Savings Time:
Dang daylight savings totally messed with us this week. We were almost late to ward council and a couple of our investigators didn't set their alarms early enough to get to church. We were super bummed because we had worked really hard to get them rides to church and set up fellowshippers and all that. Ughh. Ha at least it will be brighter later now - that definitely makes evening missionary work a lot easier! Hope you were all able to set your clocks correctly and didn't struggle like us!

So I have to apologize because I didn't take ANY pictures this week! Super lame, I know. I will try to take more pictures this week of us out enjoying the sunshine(: Well I think that's pretty much it - we're doing well and the work is coming along. We had fun this week contacting around the Capitol - it was a lot easier to get people to stop and chat with us in the warmer weather. We should be setting a solid baptismal date with Tiffany and her fiancé tonight so we're super excited. Hope you all have a great week - thanks for all the love, support, and encouragement! I love and miss ya, but wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

xoxo
Sister Kelley(:

No comments:

Post a Comment