Monday, February 2, 2015

Cancelled Church and Snow Angels

Dear Family and Friends,

Hope you all had a good week. Things here have been as busy as always!

Finding:
So the thing about baptizing all of your progressing investigators is then you don't have any progressing investigators... ugh. Ha what a wonderful problem to have though(: We have a small teaching pool, but the investigators we are working with right now are progressing very slowly so we've been doing a whole lot of finding this week! We bus contacted quite a bit and had success in giving out copies of the Book of Mormon. We met this super cute girl named Tasia and set up an appointment to meet with her later this week!

Learning to Knit:
The ward has a knitting group that meets together once a month and this week we went with a couple of our investigators! Thankfully Deserae, a less active we have been working with, has been teaching us to knit so we had a project to work on while we were there. Ha it was a lot of fun to chat with the ladies in the ward and knit scarves! Our investigators really liked it as well and got to meet some of the Relief Society ladies.

Stampin Up Card Class:
This week we were super crafty! Not only did we knit, but we also attended Sister Durschi's Stampin' Up card class with our investigator Jeanie. The last few weeks Jeanie has been super busy with school and cancelled our appointments, but we were able to reconnect at this card class and set up a time to meet this week! Huge tender mercy! We also used it as a finding activity and chatted with all the non-members there - it was awesome! Plus stamping cards is always fun(:

Interviews:
This week we had interviews with President Cutler! Interviews are always such a cool learning experience. We prepared for interviews by studying Elder Christofferson's talk from General Conference, "Free Forever, to Act for Themselves". Ahh it is soo good. During interviews I asked President what I could do to have a better study journal and he showed me his which was super intense! This week I have been trying to be better at recording the thoughts and impressions I have as I study. It's only been a few days, but I already feel like my studies are more meaningful and that the spirit is teaching me what I need to know. I am so grateful for President and Sister Cutler and all they do!

Snow and the Sacrament:
Church was cancelled throughout the Madsion Stake yesterday after we got like 6 inches of new powder. It continued to snow all day and by the time Sister King and I were walking back home for the night we were trudging through snow up to the top of our tall boots! It was crazy - so much snow in such a short amount of time! When we found out church was cancelled we were super bummed, we never plan a back up for church! Ha but then President Cutler gave the District Leaders permission to administer the sacrament to their district so we met as a district at church and had a mini Sacrament meeting. I was so grateful we still got to partake of the sacrament, it has become something I truly look forward to each week. I am grateful we had the chance to renew our covenants then have a testimony meeting together. Such a special experience. Then we went back out into the snow! Behind our apartment complex there is this big field I really wanted to snowmobile in! Ha I settled for making a snow angel though(:

Love and miss you, thanks for the prayers and support! Transfers are next week so we will see what happens - really hoping Sister King and I get another one together here in Madison!

xoxo,
Sister Kelley(:

Me in a Wisconsin Blizzard!
Catching snowflakes on my tongue!
Ha - I'm makin' a snow angel!
My snow angel - hopefully you can see it:)
I love the snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment