Monday, December 15, 2014

Kendall's Baptism

Dear Family and Friends,

Hey! How are you guys doing?! Getting ready for Christmas? I love this time of year and am so grateful for all the miracles we've been seeing! Seems like people's hearts are softened by the Christmas spirit of Christ-like love(: Aside from talking to everyone and anyone we can about Christmas and our Savior, we have spent all week getting ready for Kendall's baptism! Everything turned out beautifully(:

Soccer:
This week we joined some of the Hispanic members in the ward to play soccer in the gym at the church! It was so much fun to get to know the Spanish speaking members better - they're great! I love that the Madison 1st Ward has so many Spanish speaking members - we have translators/headsets for Sacrament meeting and one of the Sacrament prayers is always said in Spanish! So cool.

Exchanges in Mad 2:
I got to go on exchanges in the Madison 2nd ward with Sister Ostler! It was fun to be companions with her for the day after having served together in the Adams District before we were both transferred to Madison! Sister Ostler is a hard worker and is really in tune with the spirit. We had a busy day of service, finding, and teaching. The highlight of the exchange was going out with Sister Goue, a member in the Mad 2 ward. She invited us to come with her to talk to her neighbor about the church. We weren't quite sure what to expect, but we had an amazing lesson with a Mr. Nunez where the spirit was definitely felt! We testified boldly of forever families and how it's possible through Jesus Christ. Ahh I love the gospel!

Kendall:
AHH I cannot say enough about the amazing person that Kendall is! I absolutely love her and am so grateful for her example! She has soo much faith and is so Christ-like. She has always had a good relationship with her Father in Heaven, but joining the church is just going to help her to come even closer to Him! It has been such a privilege to teach her, I feel so blessed to have been a small part of her conversion. She is our Christmas miracle! Everything for Kendall's baptism turned out perfectly - the music, program, flowers, filling the font, setting up chairs, unlocking the building, everything! It all turned out and Kendall's family came to support her even though they've been struggling a bit with her decision. After the ordinance she bore a simple, powerful testimony and said a beautiful sincere prayer. Her confirmation was done in church on Sunday, the same day as the Christmas program! The spirit was so strong in that Sacrament meeting and Kendall was just beaming(:

He Is the Gift:
I hope you have all watched the 'He Is the Gift' video that was put out by the church - if not you better look it up right now! It is SO good. We have been giving out pass along cards about it to EVERYONE! I really am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who gave us the gift of His Beloved son. Because of Him I can become better and be forgiven of my weaknesses. Because of Him I can live with my family forever! I am so grateful for my Savior and this time of year to celebrate his birth and life!

So I think that's about it other than we've been experiencing a bit of a heat wave here in Madison.. meaning it's been 30-40 degrees instead of like 10 degrees. Ha so yay for that! It's actually a bit sad because all the snow has melted! I hope there is a big storm next week so we'll have a nice white Christmas(: Is there snow at home? Either way you guys will have a white Christmas up at the cabin! I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner! I'm excited to Skype with you soon(: Love and miss you!

xoxo
Sister Kelley(:
Kendall's Baptism before and after! She's our Christmas miracle!
She's just beaming!
aw yeah - saw this on the side of the road!
Exchanges with Sister Ostler

Elders Harmon and Humble
Sister Griffin took me out tracting on the very first day of my mission! 
Now she is going home! It was so fun to see her at Kendall's baptism! 
Sis King and I



No comments:

Post a Comment