Monday, July 14, 2014

Wisconsin or Bust!

Family and Friends!

WE LEAVE FOR WISCONSIN IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS! I could not be more excited to begin this new adventure(: We leave the MTC at 3:30 am and head to the SLC airport where we'll catch a 7:35 am flight to Denver before flying into Milwaukee - ahhhhh! So excited! I don't have much time, but I'll try to give you a small glimpse into my amazing week here at the MTC real quick before we have to go pack!

MTC Highlights:
I have the best zone ever! Seriously so great. We've loved playing sand volleyball during gym time and eating meals together. I'll miss them loads! Our teachers are amazing and always teach with the spirit. I've learned so much from Sister Westover, Brother Rassmussen, Brother Giffiths, and Brother Darenthal! I've also loved seeing tons of friends on the MTC campus in between classes, gym and meal time!

District BOM Reads:
One of my favorite things we do as a district is called a "BOM read" where we all just read from the Book of Mormon together and discuss what we're reading. We had a sweet experience this week going over Alma 32 and talking about humility and faith. I know that we can receive personal revelation as we study the scriptures!

Progressing Investigators and the Power of Music:
This week Sister Escobar and I spent a lot of time teaching our Progressing Investigators. I gained a huge testimony of the importance of teaching by the spirit. It's tough to do, but soo important! The spirit truly is the best teacher. Chad, one of our investigators, loves music so he asked Sister Escobar and I to sing a hymn for him! Ha it was random, but totally brought in the spirit! One more thing.. I got to sing and play the piano for our little zone sacrament meeting yesterday so on Saturday night I got to practice for a little while which was such a fun break!

Hope all is well back home! I love and miss you loads(:

Sister Kelley

Sister Escobar (my companion and I) studying in class
Sis Escobar and I in front of the MTC map pointing to Wisconsin
Our district plus Brother Rassmussen and Sister Westover(:

No comments:

Post a Comment